Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Patterns from organic shapes and textures (My obsession of 2012)

This past Fall 2012 semester I based all of my work around the textures and shapes found in nature. I was originally inspired by the gorgeous variety of textures I saw in Italy while taking a class this summer. 

I took macro style photographs of items such as bark, my pet diamondback terrapin's belly, moss and car light trails to create designs. I then used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create these patterns for the purpose of textile use. I printed these patterns onto silk as well as a spandex material. I created scarves and canvas wraps from these organic graphic designs. 

I have been inspired by Under Armour's designs on clothing as well as other fashion designers who use a basis in photography to create a textile pattern. I call this series Artistically Athletic.

bark

Diamondback terrapin belly

MD Terp

car light trails

moss in black

moss in white

No comments:

Post a Comment